Help me write an essay: easy tips for beginners
Writing an essay can be fun and interesting. It gives you the opportunity to creatively and constructively express your ideas, thoughts or concerns. Essays are required academically, and as a beginner it is important to look at an essay in its simplest form: Several paragraphs written on a particular subject.
Here is the basic structure of an essay:
- Opening paragraph
- Concluding paragraph
This is the basic structure of every essay. While essays vary in length, each essay begins with an opening paragraph that provides the reader with background information on your topic, as well as your thesis statement. The body of an essay can consist of several paragraphs. Each paragraph offers an analysis of the thesis. These paragraphs are where you support your opening statement with examples. The concluding paragraph is where you sum up all of the information you have shared.
Before you begin writing your essay you will want to outline how you will structure the essay. This way you can ensure that all of the points you wish to share will be covered in a concise order that makes sense to the readers. A general essay outline looks like this:
- Introduce your topic with background information (introductory statements).
- Thesis statement (the argument you are making/your hypothesis).
- You can also briefly mention the points you will make which will be further explained in your body paragraphs.
- First Paragraph (first supporting idea) This is where you include a topic sentence for the paragraph as well as examples, and analysis.
- Second Paragraph (second supporting idea) This is where you include a topic sentence for the paragraph as well as examples, and analysis.
- Third Paragraph (third supporting idea) This is where you include a topic sentence for the paragraph as well as examples, and analysis.
- Reflect on your thesis.
- Restate your key points.
- End you paragraph with a provoking thought.
The introductory paragraph and concluding paragraph are most important. Without a clearly written introduction the reader will not understand what points you are trying to make. You need a clearly stated hypothesis and clearly defined points you wish to discuss. The conclusion is important because it ties all of the information together. It is where you confirm all the information found and state what it has proven. Use your essay to validate your opinion on the topic you have researched.